The Student Room Group

Loneliness

Hi guys,

I’m a Uni student living in a 2 bedroom flat on my own, recently finished a placement year in industry (mostly remote) and I just feel super alone. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get to know new people? I have started kickboxing classes but I still feel the same way, I’d like to connect with people on a more personal level.
How you get a 2 bed flat all to yourself ? Honestly I’m Jel . I can’t even get one let alone 2 lol
try to push yourself out your comfort zone, speak to new people and try to find more hobbies, it’s easier to speak to people with similar interests. You could also get in touch with old friends and try to catch up, it’s amazing how much people can change :smile:
Reply 3
Luckily I went to view a flat opposite, and the landlord was inside so I popped in and managed to get in first lol
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
try to push yourself out your comfort zone, speak to new people and try to find more hobbies, it’s easier to speak to people with similar interests. You could also get in touch with old friends and try to catch up, it’s amazing how much people can change :smile:

I’ve been downloading a few different apps to try and maintain new friendships which is a bit hit and miss, but reconnecting with old friends, there has been people I’ve not spoken to for years and they seem much different now so that’s a great point, thank you 😊
Reply 5
How you get a 2 bed flat all to yourself ? Honestly I’m Jel . I can’t even get one let alone 2 lol

Luckily I went to view a flat opposite, and the landlord was inside so I popped in and managed to get in first lol
Original post by lixm96
Hi guys,

I’m a Uni student living in a 2 bedroom flat on my own, recently finished a placement year in industry (mostly remote) and I just feel super alone. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get to know new people? I have started kickboxing classes but I still feel the same way, I’d like to connect with people on a more personal level.

I feel like no one talks about this but its pretty normal to feel like this. Everyone makes uni look like its fun but no one talks about how lonely it actually is. Have u joining a society?
Reply 7
I feel like no one talks about this but its pretty normal to feel like this. Everyone makes uni look like its fun but no one talks about how lonely it actually is. Have u joining a society?

Totally agree, there’s not any general Uni groups that I can find which makes it hard. I have joined one or two societies but yet to figure out how they work. Sometimes my social anxiety gets the best of me too
Original post by lixm96
Totally agree, there’s not any general Uni groups that I can find which makes it hard. I have joined one or two societies but yet to figure out how they work. Sometimes my social anxiety gets the best of me too

In these types of situation, its best to assume that everyone you meet suffers from social anxiety too. It just theirs aren't noticeable that's how I see it.
Reply 9
In these types of situation, its best to assume that everyone you meet suffers from social anxiety too. It just theirs aren't noticeable that's how I see it.

I like that, it’s a good way of looking at it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending