The Student Room Group

Hl english essay

Hi im trying to figure out my line of enquiry for my hl english essay and i was wondering which one looks better

1 ) How does Tenesse Williams victimisation of Blanche Dubois, in a “A Streetcar named desire”, portray Blanche as a tragic figure in the 1940s New Orleans play ?

or

2 ) How does Tenesse Williams utilise pathos in the 1940s New Orleans play“ A Streetcar named desire” in order to victimise the character of Blanche Dubois ?

im feel very lost so any help would be rally appreciated :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Claudia D
Hi im trying to figure out my line of enquiry for my hl english essay and i was wondering which one looks better

1 ) How does Tenesse Williams victimisation of Blanche Dubois, in a “A Streetcar named desire”, portray Blanche as a tragic figure in the 1940s New Orleans play ?

or

2 ) How does Tenesse Williams utilise pathos in the 1940s New Orleans play“ A Streetcar named desire” in order to victimise the character of Blanche Dubois ?

im feel very lost so any help would be rally appreciated :smile:

Both sound good which you can draw firm conclusions on, but I would go for the first one as tragic heroism portrayed by Blanche is central to the play and there are a plethora of sources surrounding that idea online which can help with the essay more.
Reply 2
thank u i was worried that my central idea being her as a trágica hero or victim wasn't specfic or original enough / also because theres a lot of controversy around the subject
Original post by apocalippies
Both sound good which you can draw firm conclusions on, but I would go for the first one as tragic heroism portrayed by Blanche is central to the play and there are a plethora of sources surrounding that idea online which can help with the essay more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending