The Student Room Group

Should I report a driving instructor?

I've just completed 10 hours of lessons with this one particular instructor and I'm not booking any more. He's made unprofessional comments about my driving such as "Your steering is **** poor" and "Were you on pot last night?". He may not have intended to offend me but I found this behaviour incredibly unprofessional and it has significantly reduced my confidence as a driver.

He doesn't seem like a bad instructor but he's lost patience with me and hasn't taught me that much (despite taking over £300 in lesson costs). I'm hesitant to report him to the DVSA but I feel like I should as his behaviour has been unacceptable imo.
Reply 1
Original post by StarShipB7S24
I've just completed 10 hours of lessons with this one particular instructor and I'm not booking any more. He's made unprofessional comments about my driving such as "Your steering is **** poor" and "Were you on pot last night?". He may not have intended to offend me but I found this behaviour incredibly unprofessional and it has significantly reduced my confidence as a driver.

He doesn't seem like a bad instructor but he's lost patience with me and hasn't taught me that much (despite taking over £300 in lesson costs). I'm hesitant to report him to the DVSA but I feel like I should as his behaviour has been unacceptable imo.

I personally think reporting him to DVSA and putting his livelihood at risk would be a little over the top. By all means though, if you are not happy with him, get another instructor, and if you feel strongly about it, maybe also give him a low rating on a review site.
Tbh their comments are nothing special, just banter- by all means get another instructor if you don't like that, but a bit much trying to put them out of a job.

Without knowing how exactly or why they lost patience with you I can't really take that into account (maybe you did something that placed you both in danger?), likewise what they have/have not taught you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending