The Student Room Group

Is it possible to go to driving school with license already?

I got my license a few years ago but the person who taught me was very mean and busy and working with him was a nightmare. I past my drivers test the 3th time but all the I did was drive down the corner. The instructor adored me and passed me after a few minutes. This backfired on me because I’m terrified of going on highways. Can I pay for driving lessons even though I have my license?
Yes.
Original post by Anonymous
I got my license a few years ago but the person who taught me was very mean and busy and working with him was a nightmare. I past my drivers test the 3th time but all the I did was drive down the corner. The instructor adored me and passed me after a few minutes. This backfired on me because I’m terrified of going on highways. Can I pay for driving lessons even though I have my license?

Yes. There are also driving lessons you can take specifically for after you’ve passed your test.
The instructor adored me and passed me after a few minutes.

I think you need to explain this as it sounds extremely illegal and highly unlikely
Original post by StriderHort
I think you need to explain this as it sounds extremely illegal and highly unlikely

He took me around the corner. We didn’t even go on the highway. We didn’t leave out of the area! All they cared about mostly was parallel parking!
Original post by fallsemester21
He took me around the corner. We didn’t even go on the highway. We didn’t leave out of the area! All they cared about mostly was parallel parking!

This seems like something you should have reported rather than taking the pass with the knowledge that you could drive off and kill someone.
Original post by Admit-One
This seems like something you should have reported rather than taking the pass with the knowledge that you could drive off and kill someone.

They should have known better not me. I was younger and just happy I got my license! It didn’t take me until years later to realize that the adults at the time were wild lol!
Original post by fallsemester21
They should have known better not me. I was younger and just happy I got my license! It didn’t take me until years later to realize that the adults at the time were wild lol!

You were an adult and accepted a pass which you knew wasn’t worth the paper it was written on. The onus was on you to make a complaint and you chose not to. I wouldn’t be so flippant about the lol’s when you could have been driving around whilst being below the minimum standards.

As above, get some lessons to get yourself up to speed.
Reply 8

What a pile of old trollop (what is your definition of a 'few years'?) - I was also taught by pink fairies and we too lived happily ever after

In answer to your question - If it is a UK driving licence for a car and you want lessons in a car - yes you can.
Original post by StriderHort

either the poster is fantasist or they think the the studentroom.co.uk is not a UK focused site
Reply 10
I can tell OP is not from the UK since he used the word “highway” instead of “motorway” or “dual/single carriageway”.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending