The Student Room Group

Confusion with results

Hell. I hope you are well.
I am an international applicant who only got familiar with A-levels and the processes they may involve last year. So I might sound extremely clueless and uninformed. That's why I'll try to paint the full picture here so that hopefully, someone can guide me better.

So on the results day, my online sixth-form school provided me with the statement of my provisional results; A paper that shows my grades for each unit I've studied separately. Afterwards, the school prompted me to send the mentioned document to my firm choice.
After doing so, my firm choice uni replied to me that I need to send a certificate that reflects my overall results, so I asked my school to give me such a certificate.

Surprisingly, they told me the requested certificate will not arrive any sooner than September - which is too late for me. So I pushed them to do it faster and after a great pause, the school told me that they "just sent a request to receive my cashed-in results and it should arrive within three to four days."

Now I am quite perplexed and I am uncertain about my next step here. Also, my school never really provided me with the right information at the right time so I'm afraid that the mentioned certificate may not arrive at the right time.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me with the right information so that I can get over this hellish stage of my admissions process as quickly as possible.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Shaya95
So on the results day, my online sixth-form school provided me with the statement of my provisional results; A paper that shows my grades for each unit I've studied separately.

Afterwards, the school prompted me to send the mentioned document to my firm choice.

After doing so, my firm choice uni replied to me that I need to send a certificate that reflects my overall results, so I asked my school to give me such a certificate.

Surprisingly, they told me the requested certificate will not arrive any sooner than September - which is too late for me. So I pushed them to do it faster and after a great pause, the school told me that they "just sent a request to receive my cashed-in results and it should arrive within three to four days."

Now I am quite perplexed and I am uncertain about my next step here. Also, my school never really provided me with the right information at the right time so I'm afraid that the mentioned certificate may not arrive at the right time.

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me with the right information so that I can get over this hellish stage of my admissions process as quickly as possible.
Can you start by telling me what qualifications you sat? And did you take International A-Levels? Or A-Levels in England? Or something else?

I might split your post into a new thread to make things easier to advise you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending