The Student Room Group

Psychology 4 Mark Questions

Hi! My teacher didn't really teach us how to answer low-tariff questions, so I just wanted to know how you would go about answering a 4 mark psychology question that asks you to evaluation. For example:

Briefly evaluate the deviation from ideal mental health definition of abnormality (4 marks).

Is it like on evaluation paragraph or two points with brief elaboration?
Original post by MlightOr
Hi! My teacher didn't really teach us how to answer low-tariff questions, so I just wanted to know how you would go about answering a 4 mark psychology question that asks you to evaluation. For example:

Briefly evaluate the deviation from ideal mental health definition of abnormality (4 marks).

Is it like on evaluation paragraph or two points with brief elaboration?

If its briefly evaluate, then you don't do any outline at all. Just explain preferably a strength and a weakness but if not then 2 of the same thing OR one extremely in depth point ( i wouldn't do this tho bc sometimes its hard to explain 1 thing in alot of detail when you would gain the same amount of marks if you did 2 shorter points)

If the question was outline and evaluate the DFIMH definition of abnormality, then you would either do 2 points that explain the definition and a brief evaluation OR a brief point and a more in depth evaluation.

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions ask away! :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending