The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Changing courses

I would be grateful if somebody could tell me how likely it is that I could change from biology to geography early in the year in first year at university in Leeds
Original post by Oscair
I would be grateful if somebody could tell me how likely it is that I could change from biology to geography early in the year in first year at university in Leeds

If you know you're rather be studying Geography, then why wait until "early in the year in first year" to ask to switch? Why not request that change now? It would make everyone's life simpler.

The process of transferring to a new programme is detailed here. Note that it says:

"Whether or not you are permitted to transfer programme is likely to depend on a number of factors including:
meeting the entry requirements
a satisfactory academic record to date
capacity in the receiving programme"

Do you meet the entry requirements for Geography? Is their Geography course in Clearing? If not, then that's presumably because it's full. This might mean that they could only accommodate you transferring to it if another student left the university or transferred to a different course themselves.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest