The Student Room Group

Should I request to change my course a second time?

So about 2 months ago after applying to unis, I decided to change courses by emailing all the universities. Only two could allow this change. Now I'm thinking of changing back to the original course I applied for (I know, I'm very indecisive). Has anyone done this before? I feel stupid for having to email them to change it back, and it's a lot later now.
Original post by trashboat88
So about 2 months ago after applying to unis, I decided to change courses by emailing all the universities. Only two could allow this change. Now I'm thinking of changing back to the original course I applied for (I know, I'm very indecisive). Has anyone done this before? I feel stupid for having to email them to change it back, and it's a lot later now.

Hi,

What's the reason you wanted to change and why do you now want to change back?

I was very indecisive when choosing my degree, and ended up changing my course after my first semestre. But, a year later, I'm so glad I made that decision. I think it's a good idea to change, as long as you know why you want to. On the other hand, if you suspect it's not what you really want, and just nerves making you question your original decision, then perhaps stick with it and see how it goes. There is usually an opportunity to change courses after 2 weeks, and if the courses are similar enough, you can do it later as well without having to restart.

I hope this helps,

Safi
2nd year Linguistics
Reply 2
Take a gap year, do some calm thinking about which subject you actually want to do - and why.
I don't think you should rush into a decision as it sounds as though you're not sure one way or the other. Take some time to think about it properly, as McGinger says. Perhaps you could make a pros and cons list.
Original post by trashboat88

Hey!
My advice would be to email them to change it if you want to. Do not think take into account what people might think of you - as this does not matter in the grand scheme of things. Make the decision based on what you think is right for you rather than being influenced by people thinking you may be stupid! And as Safi has said, it is okay to change your mind later.
Good luck with everything!
Evie (4th year medic UoS)
Reply 5
My son is thinking of requesting a switch of course from Ancient History to Politics. Does anyone know if you need to give a reason when emailing admissions?
Reply 6
I should have said he has already firmed his offer for Ancient History. He is committed to the University just keen to change course (he is on a gap yr so has achieved grades).
Original post by Hi2021
My son is thinking of requesting a switch of course from Ancient History to Politics. Does anyone know if you need to give a reason when emailing admissions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending