The Student Room Group

don't know what do at university

hey guys ive just finished my a levels this year and got a ABB in biology, psychology and sociology...I was offered a place for biological sciences but went through clearing for biomedical science but I had a breakdown and decided that I dont want to pursue that course as there is no job prospects/progression...I have been looking into law LLB to do instead but would really like someone to guide me on what to apply for next year as I am taking a gap year to be really sure this is what I want to do for the rest of my life I am open to any other course suggestion please please reply and help me everything is appreciated ...
Original post by siahateskwl
hey guys ive just finished my a levels this year and got a ABB in biology, psychology and sociology...I was offered a place for biological sciences but went through clearing for biomedical science but I had a breakdown and decided that I dont want to pursue that course as there is no job prospects/progression...I have been looking into law LLB to do instead but would really like someone to guide me on what to apply for next year as I am taking a gap year to be really sure this is what I want to do for the rest of my life I am open to any other course suggestion please please reply and help me everything is appreciated ...

idk if this will help, but throughout your gap year just do alot of research. personally for me what worked the best to find out what i acc wanted to do is speaking to uni students which you can do via most of the unis own websites. they basically can tell you anything e.g about the course, a typical day, job prospects etc and its just really helpful. i went from course to course when deciding but after doing loads of research i eventually found something i really wanted to do. also with your grades so many things are possible just don't rush yourself into anything and eventually you will figure it out. pls dont stress yourself out too much, itll all work out in the end :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by dadadeedadada
idk if this will help, but throughout your gap year just do alot of research. personally for me what worked the best to find out what i acc wanted to do is speaking to uni students which you can do via most of the unis own websites. they basically can tell you anything e.g about the course, a typical day, job prospects etc and its just really helpful. i went from course to course when deciding but after doing loads of research i eventually found something i really wanted to do. also with your grades so many things are possible just don't rush yourself into anything and eventually you will figure it out. pls dont stress yourself out too much, itll all work out in the end :smile:

thank you so much for your reply it has really helped lift my confidence up I have been crying every day and stressing about what course to do and the fact that im gonna be a year behind as stupid as that sounds ... but yes I will deffo be attending open days and speaking to staff and students! may I as what you ended up choosing?
thank you so much for your reply it has really helped lift my confidence up I have been crying every day and stressing about what course to do and the fact that im gonna be a year behind as stupid as that sounds ... but yes I will deffo be attending open days and speaking to staff and students! may I as what you ended up choosing?

omg please do not cry at all. people attend university at all ages so dont worry about that all and besides gap years are amazing for personal development and your mental health in general. i ended up choosing pharmacy even though i was primarily interested in the accounting/finance sort of route but then i realised that its just not for me. so as i said before dont fret you will figure it out if you give yourself some time to. look after yourself! :smile:

also if you ever change your mind about anything don't let this get to you as its completely fine to want to do one thing at a certain time and another thing at a different time. i know it sounds stressful as hell but it will always work out
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by dadadeedadada
omg please do not cry at all. people attend university at all ages so dont worry about that all and besides gap years are amazing for personal development and your mental health in general. i ended up choosing pharmacy even though i was primarily interested in the accounting/finance sort of route but then i realised that its just not for me. so as i said before dont fret you will figure it out if you give yourself some time to. look after yourself! :smile:

also if you ever change your mind about anything don't let this get to you as its completely fine to want to do one thing at a certain time and another thing at a different time. i know it sounds stressful as hell but it will always work out

that is such a big change to healthcare from finance, did you ever doubt yourself like 24/7 that this was the right thing that you were doing? I hope you achieve the best you can in pharmacy and the best of luck to you Xx And yes thank you so much for your words of encouragement they are so helpful 💓
that is such a big change to healthcare from finance, did you ever doubt yourself like 24/7 that this was the right thing that you were doing? I hope you achieve the best you can in pharmacy and the best of luck to you Xx And yes thank you so much for your words of encouragement they are so helpful 💓

yes i did so so much, even now i think like woah do i really wanna do this but i realised its completely normal to feel this way. thank you so much doll, youre amazing <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending