The Student Room Group

Teacher problems

My Musical Theatre teacher makes me uncomfortable for an unknown reason. Whenever he stands next to my seat in class, I repeat in my mind "Get away, no, don't get closer," and I just don't like him standing too close to me. When I was waiting for my mom to finish using the bathroom in the school so we could go home (she's a teacher), he saw me in the halls and made small talk. He's pretty nice, but I have a feeling in my gut to run every time I see him. He's male and well fit, just for description. Why do I feel this way?
Reply 1
As another user on here likes to say, trust your gut instinct when it comes to things like this. I had a teacher who made me feel like this and well, let's just say he spent some time in jail and isn't allowed to work with children any more... Not suggesting there's anything like this going on with this guy (could be loads of reasons he may be making you feel uncomfortable - he might subconsciously remind you of someone else entirely, or he might simply be invading your personal space too much) but clearly, something about him makes you feel unsafe so try and stay away if you can, or avoid being alone with him, if that makes you feel less uncomfortable. Do you feel like you could speak to your mum or another adult you trust about this?
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
As another user on here likes to say, trust your gut instinct when it comes to things like this. I had a teacher who made me feel like this and well, let's just say he spent some fnf time in jail and isn't allowed to work with children any more... Not suggesting there's anything like this going on with this guy (could be loads of reasons he may be making you feel uncomfortable - he might subconsciously remind you of someone else entirely, or he might simply be invading your personal space too much) but clearly, something about him makes you feel unsafe so try and stay away if you can, or avoid being alone with him, if that makes you feel less uncomfortable. Do you feel like you could speak to your mum or another adult you trust about this?

I find it difficult to discuss this matter with my mom from my perspective.
Original post by mikasa23
I find it difficult to discuss this matter with my mom from my perspective.

Same! She says "Just give him a chance." Every single time.
Reply 4
Any update?
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending