The Student Room Group

Disabled student without a clue

Hi all
I currently have a working diagnosis of a functional nuro disorder & tourettes but I dont have a full official diagnosis as only a nuro can give me that but I won't get in till next June/ August, my GP gave me these diagnosis after lengthy discussions

I'm wondering if I can still apply for DSA if needed and if I can get the unis disabled services help, I manage pretty okay but my FND (caused by TS) causes seizures, paralysis and fainting when my Tics get bad thus I may need some help and I'm utterly lost at this point, I start sept 2024
Hi, I have a working diagnosis of Tourettes too. Don't worry! If your GP can fill out a medical certificate that says they believe you have these conditions and sends it to the University Disability services that should be enough to prove you have these conditions and get adjustments put in place. As for DSA, I think a medical certificate would suffice for evidence but you can discuss this with your uni. They are there to help you. Good luck :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by rubymacbeth
Hi, I have a working diagnosis of Tourettes too. Don't worry! If your GP can fill out a medical certificate that says they believe you have these conditions and sends it to the University Disability services that should be enough to prove you have these conditions and get adjustments put in place. As for DSA, I think a medical certificate would suffice for evidence but you can discuss this with your uni. They are there to help you. Good luck :smile:

Thank you! I don't know if I need dsa but I'll figure it out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest