The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

[Official thread] Durham University 2024 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tbest3769
Well done! Do you mind if you share what your stats are? I'm also about to reapply for Finance as a gap student, changing from economics last year

What stats in particular did you want me to share?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by 121254Gnrdocarmo
(I'm an international student), can we change unis in the 2nd year and continue with the same course?

It's not particularly simple or standard to be able to do this in the UK. The new uni will want to know that your first year modules are compatible with their course (eg. cover enough of the same content to the same level), which depending on your course may or may not be very likely. Not all unis accept transfers into later years either, you have to speak to them individually to find out.
There's a transfer FAQ which may answer some of your questions stickied in the Applications and UCAS forum :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
It's not particularly simple or standard to be able to do this in the UK. The new uni will want to know that your first year modules are compatible with their course (eg. cover enough of the same content to the same level), which depending on your course may or may not be very likely. Not all unis accept transfers into later years either, you have to speak to them individually to find out.
There's a transfer FAQ which may answer some of your questions stickied in the Applications and UCAS forum :smile:

thanks! :smile:
Reply 63
Any idea if/when Durham start sending out Maths offers?
Reply 64
Just received a conditional offer to study BSc Computer sciences I was predicted A*AA now only need AAB with an A in maths🥳
Anyone heard anything for Biological sciences yet?
Reply 66
Original post by Anonymous
What stats in particular did you want me to share?

The usual ones like grades (predicted/achieved), and any ECs if you don't mind
Original post by Codior
Just received a conditional offer to study BSc Computer sciences I was predicted A*AA now only need AAB with an A in maths🥳

well done bro
youre contextual as well?
Just got an offer for BSc Finance so I guess they've begun giving out offers!!!

Congratulations! :smile:
-Ghala
anyone heard back from physics?
Reply 70
Hi, for those that got the offers - did you get an email from Durham that you have it or just an email from UCAS? I got the email from UCAS only but the UCAS service is down so I can’t check anything at the moment. Thanks!
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 71
Original post by jamest0394q
well done bro
youre contextual as well?

Thanks, yep meet contextuales, although my peers think I only got in cos I’m a girl, ridiculous 😂
Reply 72
Original post by oliwiab4
Hi, for those that got the offers - did you get an email from Durham that you have it or just an email from UCAS? I got the email from UCAS only but the UCAS service is down so I can’t check anything at the moment. Thanks!

I got both ucas and Durham, however I got the Durham email the next day
Reply 73
Original post by Codior
I got both ucas and Durham, however I got the Durham email the next day

I understand. Thank you!
anyone heard anything for english ?
Do we think Durham are sending offers earlier this year or does this happen every year? I just always see ppl talking about how Durham often send offers really late but maybe they are changing that 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️
Do we think Durham are sending offers earlier this year or does this happen every year? I just always see ppl talking about how Durham often send offers really late but maybe they are changing that 🤷*♀️🤷*♀️

not sure but it’s making me so anxious 😭
not sure but it’s making me so anxious 😭

Same hahah, it’s making me hopeful cos I think they are sending offers early but realistically I think it’s still going to be a long wait 😅
Same hahah, it’s making me hopeful cos I think they are sending offers early but realistically I think it’s still going to be a long wait 😅

the humanities all seem to be later on as well so probs matters on what you apply for!

There's usually a few offers floating around at this time of year - although usually they are typically international offers so it is a little different this year. But offers at this time of year are not unusual.

Quick Reply

Latest