same its just making me start to worry that my application is not strong enough
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
same its just making me start to worry that my application is not strong enough

Hey there

Please don't worry if people have started receiving offers. In fact, I would construe it as a good thing because it means that the admissions team have started reading and responding to applications. And just because others have got offers already doesn't mean that you won't or that your application isn't strong enough.

I hope you receive the response you're wishing for, good luck :thumbsup:

-Himieka
Original post by oliwiab4
Hi, for those that got the offers - did you get an email from Durham that you have it or just an email from UCAS? I got the email from UCAS only but the UCAS service is down so I can’t check anything at the moment. Thanks!

i got both, but the durham email comes like a day or two after
Original post by Codior
Thanks, yep meet contextuales, although my peers think I only got in cos I’m a girl, ridiculous 😂

yhh the contextual offer is very nice
😂😂 nah if you got in you wouldve deserved it
is it your first choice?
I got a durham law offer 2/11, i was astonished since i knew they were notoriously slow and i wasn't overly confident in my application due to the competitive nature of the course!
Reply 85
anyone applying for finance?
Reply 86
Congratulations! Are you a contextual/ international student?

Original post by mflint2211
I got a durham law offer 2/11, i was astonished since i knew they were notoriously slow and i wasn't overly confident in my application due to the competitive nature of the course!

Are you a home or international student? What are your predicted grades and GCSE results if you don't mind me answering? Do you already have your A Level results or not?

congrats! which course is it?
Original post by Gobhees
Congratulations! Are you a contextual/ international student?

I am contextual UK applicant !
Original post by Anonymous

Are you a home or international student? What are your predicted grades and GCSE results if you don't mind me answering? Do you already have your A Level results or not?

no worries, i'm a contextual home student with predicted grades Astar AStar A in english, politics and economics in that order. GCSES 999998888 :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by jamest0394q
yhh the contextual offer is very nice
😂😂 nah if you got in you wouldve deserved it
is it your first choice?

Nope, first choice is Oxford… not too sure about the MAT though, what about you how’s your choices and offers been
Original post by Codior
Nope, first choice is Oxford… not too sure about the MAT though, what about you how’s your choices and offers been

oh right thats good and good luck with it
thinking of firming manchester and insuring durham
happy with the offers ive got to say i didnt take further maths, it means i wont have to take a year out to do it as an a level
Reply 93

oh right thats good and good luck with it
thinking of firming manchester and insuring durham
happy with the offers ive got to say i didnt take further maths, it means i wont have to take a year out to do it as an a level

Oh are you a cs applicant aswell? Congrats on the two🥳
Original post by Codior
Oh are you a cs applicant aswell? Congrats on the two🥳

yhh i applied for computer science also
thanks a lot i appreciate it, well done to you too
gonna rest over the summer but might also have to do some moderate preparation by tackling some difficult problem solving stuff to get myself up to scratch
Reply 95
i got both, but the durham email comes like a day or two after

That’s reassuring. Thank you!
Original post by oliwiab4
That’s reassuring. Thank you!

no problem
Original post by tbest3769
The usual ones like grades (predicted/achieved), and any ECs if you don't mind

Predicted A*A*A* for Economics, Geography and Spanish. GCSE's were 999999988. In term's of EC's I didn't mention them all too much for my application but focused mostly on reading around the subject. I think my teacher reference included them more so. Things like, model United Nations, work experience, founding societies, MOOC's etc etc. Nothing really different to what a lot of people have tbf but for me I didn't really write all too much about them so not really sure if they played any role in getting an offer. Let me know if you have any more questions!!
anyone applying for modern languages heard back yet?
Has anyone applied for anthropology??

Quick Reply

Latest