The Student Room Group

how does epq look on personal statement

will you see the title on UCAS? Otherwise I can cut it out of my ps..
You shouldn’t just be listing anything in your PS, (MOOCS, wider reading, lectures, EPQ etc). In order for anything to have weight you need to write about it critically and how it relates to your suitability or motivation for the course you’re applying for.

If your EPQ isn’t directly relevant, don’t mention it at all. As you note, it’s stated elsewhere on your app in any case.
Reply 2
epq will go under your qualifications when you apply on ucas so you don't have to write about it in your ps if you don't want to. i did end up writing about my epq briefly in my ps, but i only mentioned a book i read as a part of my extra research so i wasn't repeating myself. you don't have to do this though if you want to write about other extra circulars you feel are more relevant.
Original post by Sop 27
will you see the title on UCAS? Otherwise I can cut it out of my ps..

unless you can tie your EPQ into your personal statement in a meaningful way then cut it out.
Reply 4
Original post by megpar
epq will go under your qualifications when you apply on ucas so you don't have to write about it in your ps if you don't want to. i did end up writing about my epq briefly in my ps, but i only mentioned a book i read as a part of my extra research so i wasn't repeating myself. you don't have to do this though if you want to write about other extra circulars you feel are more relevant.

Yeah I've talked about skills gained from it, I just don't wanna waste characters on the title when I can just put 'my EPQ'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending