The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield uni

Hey guys, was wondering if I could get any advice/ help on whether I should pick Sheffield. ( I am
leaning towards Cardiff) I applied for biomedical science and have already received offers from both of these unis
Have you visited all of your choices yet?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hey guys, was wondering if I could get any advice/ help on whether I should pick Sheffield. ( I am
leaning towards Cardiff) I applied for biomedical science and have already received offers from both of these unis

Hi,

When you are picking between universities it is a personal choice and someone else might make a different choice and that is fine.
Have you been to visit the uni's in person, either at an open day or just visiting the city?
If you have did you feel you could live and study in that area?
Some of the things people consider is the accommodation, public transport, living costs, location of the uni. All of these things you may value differently to someone else.
I chose to study in Sheffield because it was very close to the peak district but still had the felling of being in a city.
I also liked the distance from my parents house as it is close enough I can easily get home for reading weeks and holidays but not too close I want to go home every weekend. This is something that will be impacted by where you currently are and not the university or city you are looking at.
Another things is to check the course and the modules choices (including 2nd and 3rd year) and see if you prefer the choice more at one over the other.
It is a hard decision because you have applied to Uni's you liked and know have to pick but you don't have to rush, so take some time to think about it.
University of Sheffield does also have a chat to us function on the website so you can talk to a current student or you can ask on here, if you have any more questions.

Lizzie (BSc Mathematics and Philosophy - University of Sheffield)
Reply 3
Original post by University of Sheffield Students

Hi,

When you are picking between universities it is a personal choice and someone else might make a different choice and that is fine.
Have you been to visit the uni's in person, either at an open day or just visiting the city?
If you have did you feel you could live and study in that area?
Some of the things people consider is the accommodation, public transport, living costs, location of the uni. All of these things you may value differently to someone else.
I chose to study in Sheffield because it was very close to the peak district but still had the felling of being in a city.
I also liked the distance from my parents house as it is close enough I can easily get home for reading weeks and holidays but not too close I want to go home every weekend. This is something that will be impacted by where you currently are and not the university or city you are looking at.
Another things is to check the course and the modules choices (including 2nd and 3rd year) and see if you prefer the choice more at one over the other.
It is a hard decision because you have applied to Uni's you liked and know have to pick but you don't have to rush, so take some time to think about it.
University of Sheffield does also have a chat to us function on the website so you can talk to a current student or you can ask on here, if you have any more questions.

Lizzie (BSc Mathematics and Philosophy - University of Sheffield)

I haven’t gone to any of the cities, where can I find the dates for the offer days? I am currently out of the country for a while !
Hi, you should be able to see the dates for the offer holder days on your invitation email that you received from the University!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)
Reply 5
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hi, you should be able to see the dates for the offer holder days on your invitation email that you received from the University!
Evie (4th year medic at UoS)

Hi there! Unfortunately I didnt get one! I’ve checked my emails so many times :frown:
Hi there! Unfortunately I didnt get one! I’ve checked my emails so many times :frown:

Oh no! I am sorry that has happened!
You can contact the offer holder day team on this email, [email protected] ,just let them know that you haven't had the invite email and they should be able to send it to you or point you in the right direction at least!
Evie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending