The Student Room Group

A-level Biology

How easy is A-level biology? I am torn between biology and geography but don't know which one to pick. advice please
Original post by YT: Hunter CR
How easy is A-level biology? I am torn between biology and geography but don't know which one to pick. advice please

Its about your passion.
The greater your passion, the more you would want to learn (and persevere against the challenges)
Reply 2
Original post by YT: Hunter CR

Hi, I did both at A-Level this year. Got A in both

TL;DR: Unless you are going into the medical field, don't pick biology. (I loved it but geography is easier if you don't exactly need biology)

Biology: There is a lot of content. The content can be tricky but you get used to it. The issue? The mark schemes. They want you to phrase things in a VERY particular way and if you don't do it how they want or forget to add a word your answer is wrong even if it's clear you know what you're talking about.

Geography: Easy. The mark schemes are much nicer!
Reply 3
Original post by 048243
Hi, I did both at A-Level this year. Got A in both

TL;DR: Unless you are going into the medical field, don't pick biology. (I loved it but geography is easier if you don't exactly need biology)

Biology: There is a lot of content. The content can be tricky but you get used to it. The issue? The mark schemes. They want you to phrase things in a VERY particular way and if you don't do it how they want or forget to add a word your answer is wrong even if it's clear you know what you're talking about.

Geography: Easy. The mark schemes are much nicer!

Thank you for the advice. I'll have a good think about it
Reply 4
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Its about your passion.
The greater your passion, the more you would want to learn (and persevere against the challenges)

true

Quick Reply

Latest