The Student Room Group

Pregnant during MSc (MMU)

Hi - i found out i'm 4 weeks pregnant! Yay! I'm starting my full-time 1 year Psychology Conversion MSc this month at MMU (hopefully - not heard back from them yet). Just wondering how this will work if i'm due next May. Are there financial repercussions to take a break during study? Is a break even possible? I am so passionate about doing this degree and will study hard for as long as I can. I've read you can take maternity leave from your degree. Also how does this work with student loan? Thank you!
Reply 1
I don’t know about any thing else but congratulations lovely!! I wish you all the best with your studies and baby x
Reply 2
Original post by mahi_k
I don’t know about any thing else but congratulations lovely!! I wish you all the best with your studies and baby x

Thank you so so much!! xx
Original post by epicgang432
Hi - i found out i'm 4 weeks pregnant! Yay! I'm starting my full-time 1 year Psychology Conversion MSc this month at MMU (hopefully - not heard back from them yet). Just wondering how this will work if i'm due next May. Are there financial repercussions to take a break during study? Is a break even possible? I am so passionate about doing this degree and will study hard for as long as I can. I've read you can take maternity leave from your degree. Also how does this work with student loan? Thank you!

Congratulations, @epicgang432!! Some useful guidance regarding Student Pregnancy guidelines here. The first step after receiving your offer would be to contact the Inclusion and Disability service who will provide you with everything you need to know :smile: - Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending