The Student Room Group

How long do GPs keep you registered?

I haven’t visited my GP in a good few years as I’ve never seen the need to. I’m just wondering how long they keep you registered or even if they remove you after a certain time at all. I’d rather not call to save the hassle but I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere online.
Original post by Anonymous
I haven’t visited my GP in a good few years as I’ve never seen the need to. I’m just wondering how long they keep you registered or even if they remove you after a certain time at all. I’d rather not call to save the hassle but I can’t seem to find the answer anywhere online.

As far as I'm aware they will always keep you registered and on their records.

generally this is the case, Unless you have failed to respond to something , espeically if they wrote to you and it was returned 'not known at address'
Reply 3
I think unless you keep it off ..

I'd think you'd still be registered but I'm sure they wouldnt mind you checking. If they have an email you could do that instead of phoning. If not email it would only be a short phone call anyway to double check if your name is on their system :smile:
Reply 5
They cannot de-register you . So you stay in there until you change it or they chuck you off for violent abusive behaviour. After all , people can go through decades without needing a doctor . Use them . The service has been paid for by tax payer so everyone can access healthcare .
(edited 6 months ago)
pretty sure GPs get paid for everyone on their books, even if you never go - they wouldn't take you off the list without a good reason

Quick Reply

Latest