The Student Room Group

SFE Help

I’ve been asked by a member of my house to switch my position on the lease with one of their friends. This isn’t a problem for me because I don’t like being in my second year University house anyway, however I was wondering if I wasn’t paying rent to an accommodation anymore whether I’d have to class myself as living at home. I wouldn’t be living back home, I’d still be living away but I wouldn’t be paying any accommodation costs for being there. Where would that stand me with Student Finance as I know of people that have been audited by them.
Thank you!
Original post by TrinalEza
I’ve been asked by a member of my house to switch my position on the lease with one of their friends. This isn’t a problem for me because I don’t like being in my second year University house anyway, however I was wondering if I wasn’t paying rent to an accommodation anymore whether I’d have to class myself as living at home. I wouldn’t be living back home, I’d still be living away but I wouldn’t be paying any accommodation costs for being there. Where would that stand me with Student Finance as I know of people that have been audited by them.
Thank you!

If you're not living at home, how are you living rent free?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw

If you're not living at home, how are you living rent free?

I have the opportunity to live with somebody else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending