The Student Room Group

reconsideration letter

Would sending reconsideration to the university help? My friend's situation is that she got copied on her exam, so she needed to do a retest, and basically, it got capped at 40% for two subjects. Therefore, it decreased her average mark to 47%, and they required a 50% to progress two year two. Her marks will be over 50% if the score is not capped. Any recommendation on what I have to do?
Reply 1
'Got copied'?

I am sceptical, to put it mildly. It sounds like collusion and she's lucky to have a graded retake at all. Your 'friend' should take it on the chin and crack on.
Reply 2
Original post by gjd800
'Got copied'?

I am sceptical, to put it mildly. It sounds like collusion and she's lucky to have a graded retake at all. Your 'friend' should take it on the chin and crack on.

She said that she got copied without her knowledge. They all had a talk with the uni collusion team, and it's all fine. But the thing is that after a retest her marks got capped and it pulled her average score down.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
She said that she got copied without her knowledge. They all had a talk with the uni collusion team, and it's all fine. But the thing is that after a retest her marks got capped and it pulled her average score down.

Hmm.

So what was the outcome of the meeting? If it was an uncapped resit then they need to speak to the unit convenor as soon as possible and have it changed.

If the outcome was always a capped resit, then they did not accept her explanation and this is the lowest level of punitive measure available to the department. In this case, there is nothing to be done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending