The Student Room Group

University Student - Universal Credit

I started uni and declared to universal credit that I’ve started studying. I’ve got a child so I’m still eligible. Due to my religious beliefs, I didn’t apply for maintenance or tuition loans. Universal credit has recently calculated our statement that came to ‘£0’ and said regardless whether I choose to take the loan, they will consider the full amount that I can take. I’ve applied for a mandatory reconsideration and hope they will change their mind. Can anyone give me any advice. If they come back with the same decision I will have to drop out as there is no way we can afford it. If anyone went through a similar situation, please let me know☺️
Original post by slt_
I started uni and declared to universal credit that I’ve started studying. I’ve got a child so I’m still eligible. Due to my religious beliefs, I didn’t apply for maintenance or tuition loans. Universal credit has recently calculated our statement that came to ‘£0’ and said regardless whether I choose to take the loan, they will consider the full amount that I can take. I’ve applied for a mandatory reconsideration and hope they will change their mind. Can anyone give me any advice. If they come back with the same decision I will have to drop out as there is no way we can afford it. If anyone went through a similar situation, please let me know☺️

The following might help you find advice on this:

https://advicefinder.turn2us.org.uk/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending