The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Awaiting OU compensation.

After a the OU started their investigations into me with relation to plagiarism, they decided that I didn't cheat. I lodged a complaint that my exam results were withheld, lack of comms from OU and the overall worry on my behalf not knowing what was happening.

They offered me Over £700, which I accepted. I was asked to provide my bank details to which they would forward to the finance department of the uni. I was told it can take 3 weeks to get the payment. It's been almost 4.5 weeks and still nothing.

After many emails and phonecalls, it seems like I'm being fobbed off by everyone I talk to. THey keep saying they will email the finance department and check what is taking so long. Has anyone else been awarded compensation and how long did you wait?

(Note: it's not a scam, I have called the OU and they can see I've been awarded it)
Their refund and compensation policy which is available online states that compensation payments will be paid within 28 working days.

Once you minus out any weekends from that 4.5 weeks you may not have waited 28 working days yet.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest