The Student Room Group

Considering changing my discipline at UCL - engineering or management

I'm a new part 2 architecture student at UCL Bartlett, just started my programme 2 weeks ago, and I've been thinking of switching to a different discipline. I want to post here for some suggestions.

My reason is that I'm no longer interested in art-centric design because of my gap year experience working as a designer but actually feeling like a draftman. Also, architecture demands a significant amount of time and effort, but the financial returns aren't as substantial as I had hoped for. I begin to think that an area more focused on engineering or management might be suitble to study at postgraduate level and lead to a different career eventually. A career that does not require overtime and pays average to allow me to live and save some money for a property...

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share their insights or recommendations on UCL's Master's programs in engineering or management. It could be incredibly beneficial for me to hear about your experiences in these programs. Thanks!
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Clair537
I'm a new part 2 architecture student at UCL Bartlett, just started my programme 2 weeks ago, and I've been thinking of switching to a different discipline. I want to post here for some suggestions.

My reason is that I'm no longer interested in art-centric design because of my gap year experience working as a designer but actually feeling like a draftman. Also, architecture demands a significant amount of time and effort, but the financial returns aren't as substantial as I had hoped for. I begin to think that an area more focused on engineering or management might be suitble to study at postgraduate level and lead to a different career eventually. A career that does not require overtime and pays average to allow me to live and save some money for a property...

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could share their insights or recommendations on UCL's Master's programs in engineering or management. It could be incredibly beneficial for me to hear about your experiences in these programs. Thanks!

I've moved your thread to the postgraduate forum and changed the title of your thread to help you get replies. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending