The Student Room Group

Texting for months but always busy

Hi, I wonder if anyone's ever been in the same situation. I've been texting with this guy for 3 months consistently every day. The conversation is natural and flows, he tells me all sorts of details from his personal life and is also interested in mine. When we started talking we went on 2 dates, it was all good and I thought we were going to carry on seeing each other. He is very busy with a professional sport and he had a big event coming in December so we didn't see each other for a while, then I went away for a month. However, now I am back and he still doesn't seem interested in hanging out. I asked him out and he agreed but then came up with a valid reason why he couldn't make it. I got angry and told him I felt like he did not want to see me and he said it wasn't true, that he just has a lot going on with a new job and his sports commitments. He said that he will take a break in February and will have more time for me then. I get that he is busy but I just feel like it's a bit strange that someone is talking to you every day on texts but clearly doesn't care that we haven't seen each other for 2 months now and he's about to make it another month. We also used to facetime quite often but since I went on holidays it stopped. I asked him why he stopped calling and he said he doesn't know, that I went away and things just fell out of place... Has anyone been in a similar situation? I feel like this guy literally just wants a virtual companion and not a real commitment
Reply 1
Seems he wants more friendship than anything else. He probably thought it went great for the first 2 times and then when he had time to think about it over the months he just wants to stay in companionship instead of making any sort of commitment.

You said he is free February. Give it one more go if you really like him, if he doesn't come up where it's going I would say time to move on and find someone who is willing to give you the time and respect you deserve; and willing to make that commitent your seeking.
Reply 2
Stop communicating with him. He'll either come to his senses or you'll come to yours.
Reply 3
Feels he’s more in to friendship than a relationship
He may only want an online friendship with you.
Or be very busy at work, uni or with family commitments until February.
game is game instead of asking online ppl who've never had a relationship , speak to him....... you'll do anything but communicate to the actual person you're trying to spend a lifetime with. Other peoples opinions should not form ur final decision. Ask him what he wants

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending