The Student Room Group

Should I leave my bf?

I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost a year now and we moved into a university let together. At first it was the perfect relationship, but he’s started getting angry/irritated all the time now. I do everything around the house: I do the cooking, cleaning, pay for food etc. whilst he sits on his arse. I’ve started to ask him to do a few small jobs to help out like take the rubbish out & do the washing up, but he never does it or if he does it takes him DAYS to do. This has made me start to get frustrated where I ask him “why can’t you do this” etc. he’s started punching me, grabbing me, throwing me up the stairs, strangling me etc. (which leave bruises) when he’s angry. But then about half an hour later he comes back all apologetic, yet still doesn’t do the jobs… I guess what I’m getting at is what do I do in this situation? I love him.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost a year now and we moved into a university let together. At first it was the perfect relationship, but he’s started getting angry/irritated all the time now. I do everything around the house: I do the cooking, cleaning, pay for food etc. whilst he sits on his arse. I’ve started to ask him to do a few small jobs to help out like take the rubbish out & do the washing up, but he never does it or if he does it takes him DAYS to do. This has made me start to get frustrated where I ask him “why can’t you do this” etc. he’s started punching me, grabbing me, throwing me up the stairs, strangling me etc. (which leave bruises) when he’s angry. But then about half an hour later he comes back all apologetic, yet still doesn’t do the jobs… I guess what I’m getting at is what do I do in this situation? I love him.

Hi, so let's start off with the fact that he is hitting you and other stuff that is leaving bruises. This is absolutely unacceptable. I understand that you love him but girl...he should not be hitting you. I don't know if ya'll are planning marriage, but if he is acting like this now...just imagine how he will be acting in the future. A boy should never hit a girl. That is just not right. And when he comes back apologizing and then continues with the bad actions, then that is a red flag that he just doesn't care but he doesn't want to be single. You should not be the only one doing the chores around the house a relationship is all about trust, love, and working together. What I would do is talk to him and if he hits you, or just puts his hands on you in any sort of way that you don't like, then leave him because then he is just giving signs that he doesn't care. (Okay, so I had a boyfriend that lost his crap when I tried to leave him and he started threatening me and other bad stuff. if this happens call the cops and put a restraining order against him. And tell the police what he has been doing to you) I wish you the best.
Reply 2

Leave him 😭😭😭😭 that guy is a vile man

Woah the guy full of violence where’s the respect or thanks for at least you being able to do your half of the relationship
Reply 4
I would get rid, it’s totally unacceptable behaviour

I'd leave him he sounds like a douche
Reply 6
You need to get out and NOW. No-one should ever abuse or hurt you like this. Talk to your parents, report this to the police and get a restraining order against him.
As much as you love him, he is not worth all this abuse. This is not love. If he loved you he would not hurt you. All he is interested in is control, not love.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending