The Student Room Group

Group changing help

Hi everyone,So I want to change my group module and I reached the support team about this matter. Issue was that I joined a random group of my module because my group wasn't selected at that time and couldn't just wait for the group, even the support team suggested this. Till this time, I bonded more with the teachers here and really understood more.Now my group issue got resolved but now I am in a different group and 2 of my previous teachers are not here. It has now become a challenge for me to understand the new teachers.I went again to support team for this issue and they basically said, no matter what you do or ask we wont change your group now. I told them I wont be able to understand then and already I was a week late, making more difficult for me to cope up with studies.Can anybody help me regarding this issue? Anybody have any idea?Should I just change the Uni?
Original post by Ace1620
Hi everyone,So I want to change my group module and I reached the support team about this matter. Issue was that I joined a random group of my module because my group wasn't selected at that time and couldn't just wait for the group, even the support team suggested this. Till this time, I bonded more with the teachers here and really understood more.Now my group issue got resolved but now I am in a different group and 2 of my previous teachers are not here. It has now become a challenge for me to understand the new teachers.I went again to support team for this issue and they basically said, no matter what you do or ask we wont change your group now. I told them I wont be able to understand then and already I was a week late, making more difficult for me to cope up with studies.Can anybody help me regarding this issue? Anybody have any idea?Should I just change the Uni?

Changing uni for something as trivial as this would be silly. You will interact with many different lecturers and support staff during your degree, dont expect one team to deliver everything for you in exactly the style you personally prefer. What's the issue with "understanding" in the group module ?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Ace1620

Hi @Ace1620,

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. It must be frustrating to not fully understand the new teachers, especially as you understood and bonded with the others so well.

I wouldn't recommend changing university over this issue. You're going to interact with and meet so many different people during your time at university, and unfortunately not everything will be structured in the way you prefer! As you are unable to change groups, why don't you instead talk to the teachers about the problems you are having and see if they can support you? They might be able to talk to you about how they can help you best, and can provide the extra support you need to catch up and stay on track.

I'm not sure of the full context here, but I'm sure you won't be in this group forever, so just try your best and reach out for help if you need it.

I hope this helps,
Isabella

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending