The Student Room Group

I have been waiting for so long

It has been 27 working days since I made my application, almost 6 weeks ago. I know the timeframe is 4-6 weeks but as the 6 weeks is approaching I’m getting worried.

I’m in a serious financial problem, university has asked for tuition fee to be paid no later than last week, so I’m at risk of having to drop out of uni. Also I’ve nearly finished my first module so next week I’ll be having to buy more books. The cost of getting to uni is eating at my bank account. Universal credit can’t pay me until they have details of the student loan, so that’s been withheld.

I’ve made an appointment with the financial advisor at my uni but the next appointment is in 2 weeks. I’ve also had to access a food bank and I have a child which I’m the sole carer of, so I’ve had to pay for childcare with the very little money I have.

I’ve also had to apply for CPR, as I had to leave my course due to fleeing domestic violence, I uploaded evidence the same day I made my application - cover letter detailing why I couldn’t continue study, why I can do it now, police reports and letters, court letters with the convictions my abuser got and restraining order, but I’m worried this isn’t enough. I have seen other people posting that they needed a letter from their uni. I have a new tutor now and my previous one is no longer at the university.

I’m really stressed and worried it won’t be approved and I’ll have to get more letters which will delay the application for even longer and I’ll be asked to leave the university as I haven’t paid the tuition fee
Original post by Waterslow
It has been 27 working days since I made my application, almost 6 weeks ago. I know the timeframe is 4-6 weeks but as the 6 weeks is approaching I’m getting worried.

I’m in a serious financial problem, university has asked for tuition fee to be paid no later than last week, so I’m at risk of having to drop out of uni. Also I’ve nearly finished my first module so next week I’ll be having to buy more books. The cost of getting to uni is eating at my bank account. Universal credit can’t pay me until they have details of the student loan, so that’s been withheld.

I’ve made an appointment with the financial advisor at my uni but the next appointment is in 2 weeks. I’ve also had to access a food bank and I have a child which I’m the sole carer of, so I’ve had to pay for childcare with the very little money I have.

I’ve also had to apply for CPR, as I had to leave my course due to fleeing domestic violence, I uploaded evidence the same day I made my application - cover letter detailing why I couldn’t continue study, why I can do it now, police reports and letters, court letters with the convictions my abuser got and restraining order, but I’m worried this isn’t enough. I have seen other people posting that they needed a letter from their uni. I have a new tutor now and my previous one is no longer at the university.

I’m really stressed and worried it won’t be approved and I’ll have to get more letters which will delay the application for even longer and I’ll be asked to leave the university as I haven’t paid the tuition fee

Hi there,

Applications take 6-8 weeks to process (not 4-6) as an estimated date from when you last sent evidence. This is due to applications being live since February with a soft deadline for the end of May. While students can still apply up until 9 months after their course has started, once we get into the end of August our timescales do increase. This is due to the high volume of students changing courses, applying late, sending evidence etc. You can track your application with our processing timescale via here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/sfe-current-application-timescales or via your account here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo. You can also contact us on 0300 100 0607 to get an estimated date for the application being updated.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
My application was approved yesterday but unfortunately I haven’t been awarded any tuition fee loan. Could this be as it is yet to be assessed or just a complete no as i haven’t had any contact or information about why this is
My application was approved yesterday but unfortunately I haven’t been awarded any tuition fee loan. Could this be as it is yet to be assessed or just a complete no as i haven’t had any contact or information about why this is

Hi there,
If you're able to contact us via the live chat in your account or on 0300 100 0607 we'll look into this and help you further. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Thanks, I contacted them and have been told my CPR is still being processed
Thanks, I contacted them and have been told my CPR is still being processed

Thanks for letting us know. If you keep an eye on your account for this updating. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending