The Student Room Group

SC Clearance

Hello, How long has SC clearance been taking?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AAAfon
Hello, How long has SC clearance been taking?

Varying massively at the moment for us. I'd say average 2-3 months but mine took 6 weeks and equally we've recently had one back that took 10 months (although that was never going to be a quick one tbf)
Reply 2
Original post by Lemur14
Varying massively at the moment for us. I'd say average 2-3 months but mine took 6 weeks and equally we've recently had one back that took 10 months (although that was never going to be a quick one tbf)

Thank you. They do say it should take about 8-9 weeks but i've been seeing alot of people waiting months.
Reply 3
Just an update: The portal changed from 'in progress' to 'completed' after 5 weeks of me submitting. Its been 1 week and i am waiting for the pdf with the decision. Not sure who this comes from but hopefully soon.
Original post by AAAfon
Just an update: The portal changed from 'in progress' to 'completed' after 5 weeks of me submitting. Its been 1 week and i am waiting for the pdf with the decision. Not sure who this comes from but hopefully soon.

hi, congratulations!. when your status changes from in progress to completed did you receive a notification? or did you just log in and saw that your status has been changed?
Reply 5
Original post by Nazirsamali243t
hi, congratulations!. when your status changes from in progress to completed did you receive a notification? or did you just log in and saw that your status has been changed?

Hi, I didn't receive a notification and just saw the change when i logged into the portal. I believe once a final decision has been made, a pdf will come in an email. I'll let you know when i receive it.
Original post by AAAfon
Hi, I didn't receive a notification and just saw the change when i logged into the portal. I believe once a final decision has been made, a pdf will come in an email. I'll let you know when i receive it.

If you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take for your status to change from in progress to completed?
Reply 7
Hi all. I have just submitted my security questionnaire this morning so the waiting begins. I am hoping it is processed in the 35/40 day time frame. What is everyone finding wait wise? Weeks? Months?
Original post by Laz2812
Hi all. I currently hold CTC status but require SC clearance in order for me to progress with my recent promotion. I have just submitted my security questionnaire this morning so the waiting begins. I am hoping it is processed in the 35/40 day time frame. What is everyone finding wait wise? Weeks? Months?

It has been more than 6 months for me, and my SC application is still 'in progress.' Regarding the wait, I believe it varies from person to person. For some, it can be 1-3 months, while for others, it might stretch to a year, depending on factors like address history, time spent outside the UK, financial history, and criminal record etc. However, since you already hold a CTC, I think yours might be a bit quicker but, it's uncertain because checks take a long time to process, and if your application isn't a priority, it goes into a very long queue which takes a lot of time. I hope your wait isn't too lengthy.
Reply 9
If you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take for your status to change from in progress to completed?

My status changed to 'completed' 5 weeks after i submitted. It is now 9 weeks and i havent received a pdf or confirmation of the outcome.
Reply 10
It has been more than 6 months for me, and my SC application is still 'in progress.' Regarding the wait, I believe it varies from person to person. For some, it can be 1-3 months, while for others, it might stretch to a year, depending on factors like address history, time spent outside the UK, financial history, and criminal record etc. However, since you already hold a CTC, I think yours might be a bit quicker but, it's uncertain because checks take a long time to process, and if your application isn't a priority, it goes into a very long queue which takes a lot of time. I hope your wait isn't too lengthy.

Thanks for the reply. My initial CTC took 4.5 months so I’m hoping as I’ve submitted an upgrade to SC it won’t take that long. I’m only part way through week 2 so a while yet. I’ve never lived out off the country or have any criminal convictions so I’m
Hoping there won’t be any complications.
Reply 11
Original post by AAAfon
My status changed to 'completed' 5 weeks after i submitted. It is now 9 weeks and i havent received a pdf or confirmation of the outcome.

5 weeks is a great turnaround. I’m sure you will get the pdf confirmation soon.
Reply 12
it has been 15 weeks since i submitted (10 weeks since it was 'completed'). Has anyone else had this problem of not getting the pdf? My sponsor just keeps saying they are still waiting for confirmation.
Reply 13
Original post by AAAfon
it has been 15 weeks since i submitted (10 weeks since it was 'completed'). Has anyone else had this problem of not getting the pdf? My sponsor just keeps saying they are still waiting for confirmation.

That’s a long time. I would email or call them to see what the delay is. My application still states “In Progress”
Reply 14

Have you received your clearance?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by AAAfon
Have you received your clearance?

Nope. Still waiting. The portal shows my application is 'in progress.' It's been almost 8 months, and it's getting stressful. I've tried reaching out, but they just say it's still in progress. Talked to my employer; they're chasing it for me. Hoping for a decision soon.
Reply 16
Nope. Still waiting. The portal shows my application is 'in progress.' It's been almost 8 months, and it's getting stressful. I've tried reaching out, but they just say it's still in progress. Talked to my employer; they're chasing it for me. Hoping for a decision soon.

Hi, I'm just wandering if have you received your clearance yet? Did your employer manage to push it along for you?
Original post by Laz2812
Hi, I'm just wandering if have you received your clearance yet? Did your employer manage to push it along for you?

Hey, just yesterday my status finally changed to 'completed' and received my pdf letter and start date as well, after waiting over 8 months. It was such a relief! Waiting was super stressful, and even reaching out to them didn't speed things up. To anyone still waiting, don't lose hope. It takes forever for some, but it'll happen eventually. My advice: submit your application and forget about it. It'll happen when you least expect it. Don't stress like I did for 8 months. Just be patient, and it'll come through. Good luck, everyone! Hope you get your clearance soon!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 18
Hey, just yesterday my status finally changed to 'completed' and received my pdf letter and start date as well, after waiting over 8 months. It was such a relief! Waiting was super stressful, and even reaching out to them didn't speed things up. To anyone still waiting, don't lose hope. It takes forever for some, but it'll happen eventually. My advice: submit your application and forget about it. It'll happen when you least expect it. Don't stress like I did for 8 months. Just be patient, and it'll come through. Good luck, everyone! Hope you get your clearance soon!
Hey, my NSVP status changed from "In Progress" to "Completed" yesterday. Does anyone have idea of how long it took for the confirmation email to be sent from Security Support?
Original post by Laz2812
Hey, my NSVP status changed from "In Progress" to "Completed" yesterday. Does anyone have idea of how long it took for the confirmation email to be sent from Security Support?
hey, for me I got everything done on the same day. I had my status changed from 'in progress' to 'completed' in the morning and same day later afternoon I received my pdf and my start date. However, for some people it can take up to a week to receive the pdf. but I will suggest contact your line manager or whoever is managing your on boarding process, or try calling the UKSV. But I think it shouldn't take too long to receive the pdf.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending