The Student Room Group

Psychology Degree or Media Studies

I have an interest in both, i know psychology will open me up to more opportunities but im really not enjoying the psychology degree im studying, they have given my a deadline to decide but still really undecided.
@nitastudent

Are you studying media studies at the moment?

What are your reasons for/not studying media studies at university?

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by University of Huddersfield
@nitastudent

I’m studying psychology now, I don’t know I choose to continue with it since it would open me up to more career opportunities than just one specific subject, but I really don’t enjoy it at all.

Thanks for your response

Nita.
Reply 3
Original post by University of Huddersfield
@nitastudent

Was also thinking that maybe I do something in media on the side or do an online short course for more depth of the subject.

Thanks,Anita.
Original post by nitastudent
I’m studying psychology now, I don’t know I choose to continue with it since it would open me up to more career opportunities than just one specific subject, but I really don’t enjoy it at all.

Thanks for your response

Nita.

@nitastudent

If you are not enjoying psychology now, it's unlikely that you are going to suddenly start enjoying it at university.

You also don't want to just select any subject to do at university without having an interest or the ability to do well in it.

It would be useful to see if media studies is for you before you commit, so it would be good to do some research on the courses available, or as you said to do short a course.

All the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending