The Student Room Group

What does his behaviour mean?

Hi everybody. I'll try to describe my problem as much understanding as possible.

So I met my friend 2,5 years ago. It was beautiful summer night when my best friend introduced me this guy. I immediately fall in love and I could see he liked me too. After that night we were texting for couple of days. It was so romantic and nice.. I got attached too quickly when he suddenly started pulling away. I could sense short replies.. we stopped talking. I was sad and confused. Later I found out from his best friend that he got scared of a relationship because his ex already broke his heart, he was scared of failure again. He was fresh 17 and I was 16. We were stupid teenagers and as I look back he was just 17 ofc he was scared.. after some time I started to hang out with his group of friends all together on free weekends. We stayed friends. There was never any romantic sign from his side. I could understand that it was over between us for good. Deep down I always wanted him, I never wanted to give up on him. As time was passing by he was having some situationships, I was jealous because looked like he liked every girl apart me. He never showed any interest even tho I never did anything bad to him.. Now he is 20 and I'll be 20 in couple of months. We grew up and I feel like we are more mature than the first time we met. I told myself I won't wait any longer so I made a move on him when we went dancing in club with our friends. We had couple of drinks and then I initiated a kiss. We were making out whole night for hours. It was so passionate and so good after so many years of wanting him. We both felt the chemistry. I just did it to show myself my braveness tbh I didnt expect anything more with him like dating or something.. after that he started to like my IG stories (he has never done it before) I think he's showing me his interest but I dont want to be delusional. We were texting for couple of days. I could see that he was interested to text with me. Replies were long and we always had topic to talk about, but the thing is, It took him hours to reply my message. I feel like we both are playing unavailable. Our texting was fun but never flirty.. when I compare it to the beginnings it's not the same he's not replying fast or flirty.. Maybe because we dont feel those butterflies in the stomach just like you meet someone new. I know years have passed I cannot want him to act like that. When i don't come on weekend to hang out with group he keeps always asking my friend Why i didn't come, where i am and so on. I feel like he is interested but at the same time no. I know the article is too long but if you came all the way here thank you. And please let me know your opinion, point of view on my situation.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everybody. I'll try to describe my problem as much understanding as possible.

So I met my friend 2,5 years ago. It was beautiful summer night when my best friend introduced me this guy. I immediately fall in love and I could see he liked me too. After that night we were texting for couple of days. It was so romantic and nice.. I got attached too quickly when he suddenly started pulling away. I could sense short replies.. we stopped talking. I was sad and confused. Later I found out from his best friend that he got scared of a relationship because his ex already broke his heart, he was scared of failure again. He was fresh 17 and I was 16. We were stupid teenagers and as I look back he was just 17 ofc he was scared.. after some time I started to hang out with his group of friends all together on free weekends. We stayed friends. There was never any romantic sign from his side. I could understand that it was over between us for good. Deep down I always wanted him, I never wanted to give up on him. As time was passing by he was having some situationships, I was jealous because looked like he liked every girl apart me. He never showed any interest even tho I never did anything bad to him.. Now he is 20 and I'll be 20 in couple of months. We grew up and I feel like we are more mature than the first time we met. I told myself I won't wait any longer so I made a move on him when we went dancing in club with our friends. We had couple of drinks and then I initiated a kiss. We were making out whole night for hours. It was so passionate and so good after so many years of wanting him. We both felt the chemistry. I just did it to show myself my braveness tbh I didnt expect anything more with him like dating or something.. after that he started to like my IG stories (he has never done it before) I think he's showing me his interest but I dont want to be delusional. We were texting for couple of days. I could see that he was interested to text with me. Replies were long and we always had topic to talk about, but the thing is, It took him hours to reply my message. I feel like we both are playing unavailable. Our texting was fun but never flirty.. when I compare it to the beginnings it's not the same he's not replying fast or flirty.. Maybe because we dont feel those butterflies in the stomach just like you meet someone new. I know years have passed I cannot want him to act like that. When i don't come on weekend to hang out with group he keeps always asking my friend Why i didn't come, where i am and so on. I feel like he is interested but at the same time no. I know the article is too long but if you came all the way here thank you. And please let me know your opinion, point of view on my situation.

Read this article: https://hellogiggles.com/im-defensive-dating/#:~:text=It's%20when%20you%20really%20like,of%20the%20defensive%20dating%20cliches.

Good luck
Reply 2
Meet up and talk to him face-to-face. Only way you'll find out anything!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending