The Student Room Group

LAW PS

Hi guys im transitioning to law from applied science. I just completed my first draft of my personal statement, however i don't have any relevant work experience to law because i did work experience in hospitals and a school, but i linked both to law and how these placements gave me an experience and drove my interest for law. Will this be enough or do i need to complete a law related placement and include it in my ps?
Hi there,

One thing to note is that not everyone has the opportunity to do a placement in the first place therefore it's not a requirement for you to have done one to get onto a course. It sounds like you're on the right track at the moment! The most important factor is that you can demonstrate a sincere passion for the subject and how it will link to your career goals.

Here's a link to some Top Tips for writing your statement :smile:
Original post by rida886
Hi guys im transitioning to law from applied science. I just completed my first draft of my personal statement, however i don't have any relevant work experience to law because i did work experience in hospitals and a school, but i linked both to law and how these placements gave me an experience and drove my interest for law. Will this be enough or do i need to complete a law related placement and include it in my ps?

Hi @rida886,

Having direct legal experience is not a requirement I have seen any institution need for an applicant to be successful in applying for law. Lots of schools and colleges do not offer the subject and many people do not have the chance to do experience due to finance or personal circumstances etc. If you can show you have skills and experience in things that somehow can be transferred to what is needed by a law student and that you have a true passion for the subject then this will 100% be enough. Remember, institutions aren't looking for a final product but for someone they can help develop and will do well in their academic field.

I hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending