The Student Room Group

What do you think about this?

We're relatively good friends but don't hang out together outside of class. She has never mentioned anything about her boyfriend, but after following her on Instagram I found out she had a boyfriend from an old highlight from a year ago. I also found videos on her TikTok from around the same time featuring a guy who was clearly her boyfriend. They are most likely still dating as they follow each other / each other's family and friends and also the highlight/videos still exist. But up until this point, I've never heard any mention of him? We've been talking for about 1-2 months in class.
Maybe she’s just being friendly and didn’t feel the need to tell you as you are friends. Depends on the mannerisms she was showing you - eg being flirtatious etc. Perhaps just straight up ask her about it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Maybe she’s just being friendly and didn’t feel the need to tell you as you are friends. Depends on the mannerisms she was showing you - eg being flirtatious etc. Perhaps just straight up ask her about it

Well yeah, I thought we were being flirty.. she sits so close to me that we are touching, we tease each other etc amongst other things
Original post by Anonymous #1
Well yeah, I thought we were being flirty.. she sits so close to me that we are touching, we tease each other etc amongst other things

Is she like this with other people? Many people have flirty personalities. I would just straight up ask her and see where you go from there. in hindsight her being flirty has just led you on and blindsided you towards the fact that she’s with someone else
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2
Is she like this with other people? Many people have flirty personalities. I would just straight up ask her and see where you go from there. in hindsight her being flirty has just led you on and blindsided you towards the fact that she’s with someone else

Don't know if she's like that with other people - she only talks to me and her girl friends in class. What do you mean about the blindsided thing?
Don't know if she's like that with other people - she only talks to me and her girl friends in class. What do you mean about the blindsided thing?

She’s given you the wrong impression - being flirty whilst having a boyfriend
You've no solid info here, just old data and assumptions. You'd need to ask.
Reply 7
Original post by StriderHort
You've no solid info here, just old data and assumptions. You'd need to ask.

What do you mean though? There are still some current signs that I listed.
We're relatively good friends but don't hang out together outside of class. She has never mentioned anything about her boyfriend, but after following her on Instagram I found out she had a boyfriend from an old highlight from a year ago. I also found videos on her TikTok from around the same time featuring a guy who was clearly her boyfriend. They are most likely still dating as they follow each other / each other's family and friends and also the highlight/videos still exist. But up until this point, I've never heard any mention of him? We've been talking for about 1-2 months in class.

if she's being outwardly flirtatious then yes, i think it is weird that she's not mentioning her bf to you, but the chances are she might just see you as a friend and not feel the need to tell you about her bf. some people are private like that.
Reply 9
Original post by cherryblossomed
if she's being outwardly flirtatious then yes, i think it is weird that she's not mentioning her bf to you, but the chances are she might just see you as a friend and not feel the need to tell you about her bf. some people are private like that.

Hard for me to judge this, but I occasionally feel like there are signs that are clearer than others - but it difficult to judge

Just because your friends doesn't mean ur gonna know every aspect of her life. She's probs just friendly. Seeing as you don't see each other much outside of school, it doesn't seem like ur relationship is nothing more than platonic
What do you mean though? There are still some current signs that I listed.

I mean you don't actually know if she has a boyfriend or not right now.
Hard for me to judge this, but I occasionally feel like there are signs that are clearer than others - but it difficult to judge
I agree with others in this thread, if you're interested in her, you should just ask, otherwise you are playing a tricky guessing game:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending