The Student Room Group

Sociology personal statement

I’m 700 characters over the word limit; so far i’ve written a lot about my work experience and why the course interests me + why i want to do it but I’m not sure what I should be cutting down? A lot of people say to link my experiences to why I want to do the degree but I feel like a lot of what I’ve said about it is what’s taking up so much space So I’m not sure what I should be cutting down and what I shouldn’t??
Give your PS to someone who hasn’t read it and ask them to use 2 highlighters - one for things they find interesting and one for things that seem not specific to you.

Sociology is an academic degree so I wouldn’t expect more than a sentence or 2 about work experience - your PS for an academic degree should focus on your academic interests
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by tisha.daniea
I’m 700 characters over the word limit; so far i’ve written a lot about my work experience and why the course interests me + why i want to do it but I’m not sure what I should be cutting down? A lot of people say to link my experiences to why I want to do the degree but I feel like a lot of what I’ve said about it is what’s taking up so much space So I’m not sure what I should be cutting down and what I shouldn’t??

Hi,

If at all possible, I would recommend giving your personal statement to a college tutor or someone academic to have a read-through of your PS. They should be able to guide you as to what needs to be kept or removed to give you the best opportunity to succeed and make your PS stand out from the rest.

All the best with your application,

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending