The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Advice

I need to start drafting my personal statement but I'm not sure what subject i want to study. I’m not sure whether to go down the more criminology and sociology route, psychology or English. What subject would be most of use to me for finding a valuable well-paid career in the future and what should i do if I’m not sure what i want to be in the future yet? If anyone has done these subjects and has any tips about how to write a good personal statement, i would really appreciate it. Thank you!
Hello!, I'm Courtney one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University.
I understand your concern, and this is an important decision to make before crafting your personal statement, I would advise doing some research first, as you said which jobs pay more, and what there is more demand for. However, please remember it's important that you study to do something you're passionate about, to retain motivation and get the best of of your university experience.
All degrees are different, and all areas across the world demand different job roles, this is worth checking.

Although I'm not able to provide any guidance for your personal statement, it sounds cliche but be yourself, and let your personality take forefront of your statement, this will allow the university to make their decision to if you are suited for the degree that you are applying for.

Kind regards,
Courtney H
Reply 2
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hello!, I'm Courtney one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University.
I understand your concern, and this is an important decision to make before crafting your personal statement, I would advise doing some research first, as you said which jobs pay more, and what there is more demand for. However, please remember it's important that you study to do something you're passionate about, to retain motivation and get the best of of your university experience.
All degrees are different, and all areas across the world demand different job roles, this is worth checking.

Although I'm not able to provide any guidance for your personal statement, it sounds cliche but be yourself, and let your personality take forefront of your statement, this will allow the university to make their decision to if you are suited for the degree that you are applying for.

Kind regards,
Courtney H

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending