The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan - household income question

Hello, my son is applying for 2024 entry and I have a question regarding household income. I am divorced from my son's father and live with my partner but we are not married and he has no parental or financial responsibility for my son. My question is whether I have to include my partner's income in the household income even though he does not have financial responsibility and provides for his own daughter (who does not live with us). Also, my son is disabled and currently receives the highest level of PIP, is this counted as income for him, even though it's to support his additional needs? Thank you.
If you live with your partner then your partner’s income is counted as part of the household income regardless of whether they contribute to your child or not.
Hi there, I do see PQ has responded above. Any additional questions then do let us know below. Thanks, Jason
Reply 3
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, I do see PQ has responded above. Any additional questions then do let us know below. Thanks, Jason

Thank you. What about the PIP element?
Original post by frankie2012
Thank you. What about the PIP element?

Hi Frankie,

We don't take the students income into account only parents/partner income is used to work out their entitlement.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending