The Student Room Group

Is it dumb to go on holiday right before university exam

Hello. I am in second year completing an llb law course and I have a holiday scheduled and I will be back 2 days before my exam. I plan to revise all the content all before my exam. Is it dumb to go on the holiday?
Original post by Belle9047393
Hello. I am in second year completing an llb law course and I have a holiday scheduled and I will be back 2 days before my exam. I plan to revise all the content all before my exam. Is it dumb to go on the holiday?

Hi there

Second year of a Law LLB degree is often said to be the hardest year in law, and it will be difficult to secure good grades.

Normally, I find it most helpful to revise the week before the exams (on top of any revision done prior to that), it helps reinforce my memory, and settle into the right mind set and attitude before exams.

Would it be possible to delay the holiday to after the exam?
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 3
Yeah, this doesn't sound like a good idea.
Reply 4
Original post by University of Kent
Hi there

Second year of a Law LLB degree is often said to be the hardest year in law, and it will be difficult to secure good grades.

Normally, I find it most helpful to revise the week before the exams (on top of any revision done prior to that), it helps reinforce my memory, and settle into the right mind set and attitude before exams.

Would it be possible to delay the holiday to after the exam?
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep

No unfortunately. It is a family holiday
Original post by Belle9047393

Hey there @Belle9047393 !

As others have said, I really don't think it's a good idea. It's not wise to try and cram everything into the two days when you're back because you'll just stress yourself out. You'll also be non-stop thinking about it on your holiday so you won't be able to fully enjoy it. Unless you want to sit there on your holiday and revise the whole time which I'm sure you don't, I really wouldn't recommend it and I'm sure your family will understand that.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Reply 6
Yes, it is frankly ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending