The Student Room Group

EPQ question related to sports, biology and medicine

Hi all,
I’ve decided to do an EPQ on sports and biology due to me taking chemistry biology and geography at A level and not being able to cover sports. I was hoping to cover a question thats along the lines of how does genetics or the intensity/volume of sports effect the chance of arthritis. Is this a good topic together and has it got good research potential. Or is there a question related to sports injuries?
Thanks for any help.
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by TrynaLearn123
Hi all,
I’ve decided to do an EPQ on sports and biology due to me taking chemistry biology and geography at A level and not being able to cover sports. I was hoping to cover a question thats along the lines of how does genetics or the intensity/volume of sports effect the chance of arthritis. Is this a good topic together and has it got good research potential. Or is there a question related to sports injuries?
Thanks for any help.

It could be good if it doesn't overlap with your biology specification, I know with my biology course it would most likely overlap so that is definitely something you would need to check
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
It could be good if it doesn't overlap with your biology specification, I know with my biology course it would most likely overlap so that is definitely something you would need to check

Will have to check with my bio teacher next lesson
Reply 3

I have asked my teacher about it. She says it doesn’t overlap as the diseases covered are more theory than case study’s. She did mention that she’s unsure of much research into the area. I would like to have a question surrounding sports injuries and the best way to fix them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 4 months ago)
I have asked my teacher about it. She says it doesn’t overlap as the diseases covered are more theory than case study’s. She did mention that she’s unsure of much research into the area. I would like to have a question surrounding sports injuries and the best way to fix them. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

It's not really my area of expertise, as I am more into ecology and that side of biology. I would say pick a specific kind of sports injury and then look into potential different treatments for them or look at a group of sports injuries and the effect of a specific treatment on them.
Reply 5
It's not really my area of expertise, as I am more into ecology and that side of biology. I would say pick a specific kind of sports injury and then look into potential different treatments for them or look at a group of sports injuries and the effect of a specific treatment on them.

Thank you for helping
Thank you for helping

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending