The Student Room Group

Personal statement + Placement course

Hi,

If i am doing a placement course (eg business mgmt with placement year) do I have to specifically write about that on my P.S? What i mean is if i am talking heavily ab the business mgmt aspect do I have to mention the placement or will that be self explanatory for when i apply to it? Thanks
Reply 1
An offer decision would be based on your grades and your interest in the degree subject.
You dont have to mention the placement year.
Original post by krystaloceanx
Hi,

If i am doing a placement course (eg business mgmt with placement year) do I have to specifically write about that on my P.S? What i mean is if i am talking heavily ab the business mgmt aspect do I have to mention the placement or will that be self explanatory for when i apply to it? Thanks

Hi @krystaloceanx,

Writtinfg specifically about the placement year is not a neccessary thing to as many universities offer the chance for students to add a placement year into their studies after they have started the course (and similarly for a year abroad). Additionally, some students apply specifically for a placement couse and then decide to not do a placement year once they start studying. Unisities are ofen happy to accomodate these scenarios and so don't normally look for specifics about the placement year in your personal statement. It is also not reconmended to mention it unless all of your university applications include placement years as you can only submit one personal statement, which is given to all the universities you apply for.

Hope this is useful. Please do let me know if you have any other questions
Matthew
Studdent Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending