The Student Room Group

If you could improve the UCAS website, what would you do and why?

I am frankly disappointed with UCAS as a website. Anyone else? I am curious to know what everyone here thinks of them...

1. What did you find frustrating and why?
2. What do you like that you'd like to see more of, and why?
3. What do you think can be improved, and why?
4. What's completely missing that you would like to see, and why?
Why don’t you start off with your own opinion?
Reply 2
I found that the user experience, search functions, and comparison features are incredibly lacking if not non-existent.
[start]A critical student need is the ability to compare and weigh options based on what's personally valued most. It's still unavailable and has to be done manually, which is just... "wow". [/start]

What about you?
What are you hoping to compare?

UCAS is an application portal. Advice and guidance is not their core function.
Reply 4
I want to know which university to choose based on my degree of choice, and most websites I've found are not user friendly. They "work" but require effort. I'm wondering if others have felt the same?
Original post by kelvinstudent
I want to know which university to choose based on my degree of choice, and most websites I've found are not user friendly. They "work" but require effort. I'm wondering if others have felt the same?

There’s a lot more than crunching numbers to recommending universities and courses. The websites that try to do that usually fail because there’s a crucial factor missing. There’s no point in recommending a course at a university in London to someone who hates city life and vice versa.

If you’d like some help then there are lots of people on TSR with a range of knowledge and experience of various universities who can help if you tell us your chosen course and longlist of universities and what your priorities are.
Reply 6
Original post by kelvinstudent
I am frankly disappointed with UCAS as a website. Anyone else? I am curious to know what everyone here thinks of them...

1. What did you find frustrating and why?
2. What do you like that you'd like to see more of, and why?
3. What do you think can be improved, and why?
4. What's completely missing that you would like to see, and why?

There's a UX focus group on UCAS. If you're really passionate about improving the website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending