The Student Room Group

CPCAB Level 4 in Counselling Studies

Hello,

I wanted some advice for this course. I am yet to start Level 4 (just been enrolled in Level 2) but I wanted to get an idea of things for the future. Will I be able to work part-time during level 4? I know this course is not funded unless I apply for an advanced learner loan or receive a grant/bursary. So everything out of my own pocket. How possible is it for me to work as well? I know that I will not only be doing classes, but supervisions, personal therapy, placement (in 2nd year) etc. I am just worried on how my finances will be and if I will manage. I also know that I will have to move cities to somewhere that will offers counselling placement. Where I live there is only one centre in a nearby city which I am doing Lvl 2-3 but I will not be able to get placement there for Level 4. As you can see, there will be a lot of expense for me during this time. Any advice? Also, in terms of accomodation, do student accomodation allow students studying a diploma? I will not be getting SFE so I am pretty sure I will have to have evidence of income, hence why I am also looking to work part time. I am currently working full time and I will make the most amount of effort to save to pay course fees and for day-to-day living as well.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest