The Student Room Group

Its not fair

Are good looking people worth more than unattractive people? They always get the attention. They get everything just because of looks.
Reply 1
Yes. I was in the supermarket yesterday and got charged £27.49 for an attractive person as opposed to £6.81 for an unattractive one, because the assistant told me the former are worth more...

Actually, no, because you can be considered good-looking by people and still be unattractive.
Reply 2
My point being why do people value looks over everything?
Reply 3
It’s not as bad as you suggest. Only the minority are very attractive and since attractiveness is only one desirable trait, there is space for everyone. Attractive folk do have lots of options in dating but they still seem to have their fair share of angst. So rather than dwelling on things being unfair, everyone needs to make the most of what they’ve got
In my experience attractive people with looks are insecure and unsurevof themselves.

Whats worth more someone who is a looker with no personality or an average looking person with the best personality?
Original post by Anonymous #1
My point being why do people value looks over everything?

They don't. Shallow people do.
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
They don't. Shallow people do.

Most people are shallow then
Reply 7
Are good looking people worth more than unattractive people? They always get the attention. They get everything just because of looks.

No, no one is worth any more than the other. Theres plenty of people out there that are not got hollywood looks, but have the confidence and charisma and drive to get what they want as well.
Most people are shallow then

Well with respect I feel you are exaggerating, that's just not true.

Do they have the occasional situational advantage? sure, but nowhere near the corrupt all-or-nothing you imply.

I've never met anybody, good or bad looking (by whoever's standards), who's "got everything".

I'm definitely not good looking (by my own standards, and by any media definition of good looking) but tbh it doesn't really occur to me to think much about it. Look at different cultures and times, and their definitions of "good looking". Not sure I'd really want to look like some of those, and I don't think any of them had "got everything".

Need to question your thoughts and absolutes and shoulds and musts.
Maybe but In this day and age isnt there a rise in people being single? In my opinion the younger generation have become obsessed with looks etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending