The Student Room Group

love vs attachment?

boyfriend said I was too 'attached' to him mad as hell because all I wanted was to talk to him. i genuinely believe he loves me but i don't know what to do/say after he said that. it's like he has a problem with me loving him too much or sth. am i sentimental to say that it was cruel? please help. especially answers from boys would be much much appreciated.
Reply 1
Not enough context. Was he busy? Was it important that you spoke to him at that time? Do you ask for a lot of time for random chat? Does he make time for you otherwise? Most important, have you discussed it with him and, if so, what did he say?
Reply 2
I think it’s important to keep your independence and feeling of self worth in a relationship. If people lose this I think they are more vulnerable to being treated badly. Being attached is a mutual thing and conditional on both getting what you want from the relationship. It is a bit of a questionable thing to say and I would either ask him to explain what he’s feeling or alternatively step back a bit show your independence and see what happens
Original post by Anonymous #1
boyfriend said I was too 'attached' to him mad as hell because all I wanted was to talk to him. i genuinely believe he loves me but i don't know what to do/say after he said that. it's like he has a problem with me loving him too much or sth. am i sentimental to say that it was cruel? please help. especially answers from boys would be much much appreciated.

Define your version of being attached and why you’re so drawn towards being attached towards him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending