The Student Room Group

Btec Extended Diploma grades for Uni

Hi so I currently study level 3 Business extended diploma in college, my 2nd year. Last year I was slacking and barely attended college so I came out with PPP. This year, i’ve done both exams and will probably just get a pass in them, however i achieve distinctions and merits in coursework.
I’m predicted DMM and most universities require this grade but will I be able to achieve it because of my grades last year and only achieving a pass in the exams?
Or what are the highest grades I can achieve because of this?
Original post by username6714852
Hi so I currently study level 3 Business extended diploma in college, my 2nd year. Last year I was slacking and barely attended college so I came out with PPP. This year, i’ve done both exams and will probably just get a pass in them, however i achieve distinctions and merits in coursework.
I’m predicted DMM and most universities require this grade but will I be able to achieve it because of my grades last year and only achieving a pass in the exams?
Or what are the highest grades I can achieve because of this?

To work this out we need to know which units you did last year (as not all colleges split the units between two years in the same way) and which grade you got for each unit (they're likely all P, but it's worth asking).

As different units are different sizes (different GLH) they don't all provide the same points for a given grade. If you want to work it out yourself (rather than providing each unit you've done and each grade you got), here's how...

For each unit, establish whether it's internal (coursework) or external (exams) and what it's size is (in GLH). Then lookup the points each grade it worth using the tables below:

(For external units the the above will give you the minimum number of points, although you'll likely get a few more in reality.)

Then add-up those points (both for last year and for your predictions for this year) and establish your overall grade from this table:

(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending