The Student Room Group

How do I tell my boyfriend I’m actually 16?

So I lied to my boyfriend about my age and I’m scared he’s gonna leave me if I told him, I told him I was 18 he’s 22 I honestly really love him we’re long distance he’s planing on meeting me well my birthday is almost here it’s in October I’ve gave him hints that I was 16 and he didn’t really say anything about it he would just get quiet and say it’s not funny and I just want know how to tell him without him hating me.. we’ve been dating for 2 months almost 3 months.. please help me find a way to tell him
Reply 1
Well, it's not ideal. But you're technically above age, so there is nothing wrong here other than that you lied. Just be open and honest, and explain why you lied, and if he likes you, he'll get over it.
Reply 2
Original post by Aden182
Well, it's not ideal. But you're technically above age, so there is nothing wrong here other than that you lied. Just be open and honest, and explain why you lied, and if he likes you, he'll get over it.

Thank you I honestly been feeling really bad about lying to him, I will probably do when he wakes up I’m so scared to tell him.. wish me luck
Original post by Helpmeplease7
So I lied to my boyfriend about my age and I’m scared he’s gonna leave me if I told him, I told him I was 18 he’s 22 I honestly really love him we’re long distance he’s planing on meeting me well my birthday is almost here it’s in October I’ve gave him hints that I was 16 and he didn’t really say anything about it he would just get quiet and say it’s not funny and I just want know how to tell him without him hating me.. we’ve been dating for 2 months almost 3 months.. please help me find a way to tell him

6 year age gap. Be honest and tell the truth, I think that even if he knows your real age he would leave you regardless unfortunately because I hope what you both are doing he especially without him knowing is extremely wrong. It’s a big age gap a worrying one too if it’s 1 or 2 years then I can understand but in no way is this even something considered as a sacred bond between you both and that too without honesty well honesty alone as a trait in a relationship :confused:
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Helpmeplease7

i'm gonna be so real with you, tell him the truth then break up with him. it's literally been two months and sorry to tell you but that's not love, especially if it's online. a 6 year age gap is insane, you're at completely different stages of life and realistically it's not going to work. sorry to be harsh but u need a reality check asap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending