The Student Room Group

How do you apply through UCAS being in first year at uni

Hi, I just got a message back for LJMU and they said I have to apply through UCAS and put second year. However, they didn’t say, but as I remember last year when I applied for University, I have to put a reference, do I ask the University I’m at now to give me a reference, or do I ask my old sixth form college that I was at? Also my college had to approve my ucas application before I send it off; so who would I do now?
Thank you!!
Original post by Ypoph
Hi, I just got a message back for LJMU and they said I have to apply through UCAS and put second year. However, they didn’t say, but as I remember last year when I applied for University, I have to put a reference, do I ask the University I’m at now to give me a reference, or do I ask my old sixth form college that I was at? Also my college had to approve my ucas application before I send it off; so who would I do now?
Thank you!!

Most unis will want a reference from your current place of study. Ask LJMU if this is what they need. If so, speak to your personal tutor. it's a common request. It's not committing you to leaving.

You can apply independently, (without your college's buzzword), which means that it doesn't get sent anywhere or need approving after you submit it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending