The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

do durham give out contextual offers for young carers?

do durham give out contextual offers for young carers?, I cant seem to find anything about it on their website
Original post by jake102:)
do durham give out contextual offers for young carers?, I cant seem to find anything about it on their website

Hiya

As far as I can deduce from the website, only care leavers would be eligible for a contextual offer. However, the website also mentions that:

"Even if you’re not eligible for one of our ‘contextual offers’ we will still take your individual context into account when we’re considering your application, however this will be in competition with other applications we receive"

Therefore, it is still possible for you to receive a reduced offer. However, I would suggest getting in touch with the admissions team to discuss your options as they may ask you to mention that you're a young carer in your reference so that your application can be assessed in light of those circumstances.

Additionally, you may be eligible for financial support once you start your degree. More info on this can be found here- https://studyatdurham.microsoftcrmportals.com/en-US/knowledgebase/article/KA-01892

Hope that helps :smile:

-Himieka
(edited 3 months ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest