The Student Room Group

University Reference

I’m applying for Sept 2024 and need a reference for my UCAS application and have a couple of options but wondered what information they have to include about me, I left college last year so I am independently finding a reference, do they have to know the grades I got at A-Level? I’m not proud of them so if rather they didn’t know.
All results HAVE to be shown pass or fail. Failure to do so is fraudulent and could lead to offers being withdrawn or you being removed from your course after you started.
Reply 2
Original post by swanseajack1
All results HAVE to be shown pass or fail. Failure to do so is fraudulent and could lead to offers being withdrawn or you being removed from your course after you started.

Of course but does the person writing my reference need to know the grades? They are all passes and I will obviously be submitting my correct grades to UCAS but just for the person writing my reference
Original post by Starstuck
Of course but does the person writing my reference need to know the grades? They are all passes and I will obviously be submitting my correct grades to UCAS but just for the person writing my reference

Of course they need to know your grades! They can't write an academic reference for you without knowing them. Or, if they did, it wouldn't count as an academic reference and would be thrown out for being inadequate, even potentially misleading.
Reply 4
What are you trying to hide - that you have lied about your grades?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by McGinger
What are you trying to hide - that you have lied about your grades?

I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt and guessing that they have massively improved and put in more effort since leaving college, and therefore are a bit ashamed of their grades .............. but yh there are other scenarios.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending