The Student Room Group

Job

I’ve recently just got a part-time job at a local place. I’m 17 years old and it’s my first job. I only started today and have worked 12 hours already. I wasn’t allowed to take a break and i wasn’t allowed to even sit down. Tomorrow they want me to open and close myself when i’ve not even been showed how too. I don’t know if it’s worth sticking with the job or not because i’m unhappy and overworked already and it’s only my first shift. There has also been no talk about pay and whenever i bring it up the conversation changes. What should i do? Ps they want me to work 48 Hours a week over 4 days.
Original post by Deathologist150
I’ve recently just got a part-time job at a local place. I’m 17 years old and it’s my first job. I only started today and have worked 12 hours already. I wasn’t allowed to take a break and i wasn’t allowed to even sit down. Tomorrow they want me to open and close myself when i’ve not even been showed how too. I don’t know if it’s worth sticking with the job or not because i’m unhappy and overworked already and it’s only my first shift. There has also been no talk about pay and whenever i bring it up the conversation changes. What should i do? Ps they want me to work 48 Hours a week over 4 days.

That doesnt sound right.
Doing a 12 hour shift with no breaks is not good. As well as the fact that you have had no training- will be expected to open and close on your own on your second day etc. Plus the fact that every time you mention the pay the subject changes is dodgy as well.
Id get out of there while you can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending