The Student Room Group

why does my boyfriend keep saying this?

out of nowhere he keeps saying

“i’ll never hurt you and will never leave you”
like out of nowhere
naybe he’s trying to make me feel secure or something idk but i dont need that??? its making me overthink acc bc surely u dont say that out of nowhere?
honestly i think he’s over thinking, i can be the type to tell my friends how much i care abt them every time i see them/ talk to them, this isn’t because of anything bad, i just want them to feel secure in a good friendship and also for me to feel secure,, i don’t know anything in particular about him as a person but i think he just need you to reciprocate this, just to make him feel secure within himself, know that you aren’t going to leave him even though he prolly knows this, he clearly loves you enough to care abt this! i think he just wants this relationship to work for both of you, not only for him, you should talk about how he’s feeling maybe? again i don’t know him but there might be a lot going on inside?! there is defo a lot going on for me 😉
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
honestly i think he’s over thinking, i can be the type to tell my friends how much i care abt them every time i see them/ talk to them, this isn’t because of anything bad, i just want them to feel secure in a good friendship and also for me to feel secure,, i don’t know anything in particular about him as a person but i think he just need you to reciprocate this, just to make him feel secure within himself, know that you aren’t going to leave him even though he prolly knows this, he clearly loves you enough to care abt this! i think he just wants this relationship to work for both of you, not only for him, you should talk about how he’s feeling maybe? again i don’t know him but there might be a lot going on inside?! there is defo a lot going on for me 😉

yes it’s understandable as he told me on the same message that hes been overthinking for two days. idk what about yet as he messaged late at night and i opened this morning and he’s asleep.
i really do get that maybe he’s overthinking and i need to support him because i used to overthink too. but the message just made me feel for a minute that maybe he does want to leave? i think its because hes at uni and we are doimg long distance and its really hard tbh and its nice to hear that he clearly loves me 🙂 thanks
thank you for your help! also if you need anything im here if you need to talk about when you overthink🙂
out of nowhere he keeps saying

“i’ll never hurt you and will never leave you”
like out of nowhere
naybe he’s trying to make me feel secure or something idk but i dont need that??? its making me overthink acc bc surely u dont say that out of nowhere?

This I’ll never hurt you thing in what tone does he say it and do you think he’s just giving you assurances maybe?
Reply 4
Original post by Mohammed_80
This I’ll never hurt you thing in what tone does he say it and do you think he’s just giving you assurances maybe?

maybe im taking it the wrong way its just makes me feel like he wanys to leave bc its always out of nowhere with no context
he messages me it
yes it’s understandable as he told me on the same message that hes been overthinking for two days. idk what about yet as he messaged late at night and i opened this morning and he’s asleep.
i really do get that maybe he’s overthinking and i need to support him because i used to overthink too. but the message just made me feel for a minute that maybe he does want to leave? i think its because hes at uni and we are doimg long distance and its really hard tbh and its nice to hear that he clearly loves me 🙂 thanks
thank you for your help! also if you need anything im here if you need to talk about when you overthink🙂

i hope everything going okay for u guys now! try meet up with him he might miss you and i defo don’t think that he wants that! i think he’s scared of the same thing! and good luck with everything! also thank you! i’m still sorting things out with myself but things are looking up 😊
I've had similar said by my boyfriend. He was honest with me that he'd been through a couple of relationships that had ended acrimoniously; not necessarily his fault, but he felt bad about how things went and it was reassurance to hims
I've had similar said by my boyfriend. After a while he was honest with me that he'd been through a couple of relationships that had ended acrimoniously; not necessarily his fault, but he felt bad about how things went and it was reassurance to himself that he would do his best that it wouldn't happen agan. He'd had a bit of a wobble when we made it official, then told me this and it made sense.

Flip side is that it can be "The lady (or boyfriend) doth protest too much, methinks" and there is a serious issue.
You've both got a lot to manage with the whole uni environment and LDR thing. Ask him for a time when you can have a while to talk to him on the phone and see how he is really doing.
Reply 8
It’s may more a sign of his own insecurity and need for reassurance. Just tell him lovingly that you trust him immeasurably and to give over
Maybe he has something to hide

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending