The Student Room Group

Masters in Psychology

Hi, I am interested in becoming a Clinical Psychologist. Is it necessary to have a Masters degree in psychology to apply for DClinPsy?
Original post by GBAN
Hi, I am interested in becoming a Clinical Psychologist. Is it necessary to have a Masters degree in psychology to apply for DClinPsy?

Nope. Whether if it helps or not, or how much it helps, is the matter of much debate, but it's not necessary. You will need experience though!
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard

Nope. Whether if it helps or not, or how much it helps, is the matter of much debate, but it's not necessary. You will need experience though!

Good to know! Thank you. 👍🏻
Original post by GBAN

@GBAN
Experience is vital, a masters may help you nudge ahead of the competition a bit more, particularly if it is a funded ClinPsy.

If you are looking for a flexible masters that is fully accredited by the BPS, Arden have a great program you can do 100% online

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador
Reply 4
That’s great to know! Thanks for replying @marc!
Reply 5
Original post by GBAN
It depends on your grade. If you have a 2:1 and above it not necessary but can help your chances on the DClin.
There are other routes you can take such as building up experience in clinical settings or working with individual with mental illness, for example PWP, CYPWP or MHWP.
Reply 6
Original post by Rme1102
It depends on your grade. If you have a 2:1 and above it not necessary but can help your chances on the DClin.
There are other routes you can take such as building up experience in clinical settings or working with individual with mental illness, for example PWP, CYPWP or MHWP.

Super! Thanks for the info! 👍🏻
Nope, not a necessity

Quick Reply

Latest